Thursday 25 May 2017

further research in to lace use on shoes

To improve my idea, I am going to do further research.

I've researched further and found a website (see link below) that has the whole collection of Valentino's lace inspired shoes (designed by milliner Philip Treacy), this was from the Spring/Summer 2010 Collection and I am using these designs as direct inspiration for my own final pieces.  However, my designs will be using ink and lace patterns and textures.

http://www.fashiondivadesign.com/valentino-couture-lace-shoes/


I like the simple elegance of this court shoe combined with the nude colour palette of the lace itself.  My designs will be influenced by the shape that this style of lace creates.


In contrast to the court shoe, this open toed sandal relies on the movement of the model to show the full extent of the designed lace work.  It is the combination of the very elegant lines and simplicity of the sandal and the complexity of the lace ruffles on the heel of the shoe that I would like to explore further and add to my own designs on at least one of my final pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment